19 Jun Winter is here…
Well, we have been blessed with some beautiful sunny days post June 1st and it may have lulled us into a false sense of security. This week has seen that security blanket ripped straight off with chilly mornings rivalling that of a snow slope…overreaction? We think not!
Although it may be a rude shock when the chill does hit, one of our favourite things about Toowoomba is our four season offering. It may seem like an odd comment but we truly do have a HOT Summer, perfectly pleasant Spring, leaf filled parks in Autumn & a damn COLD Winter. So many places in Australia go from Winter to Summer with no in between…how boring is that! 😉
We thought it was the perfect time to reflect on our five favourite things about Potters in Winter! Enjoy…
- Our cosy, warm bedrooms… Each of our rooms is equipped with split system air-conditioning & high quality bedding to increase the warmth factor!
- Our warm restaurant environment… Think giant outdoor heaters & warm blankets! Yep, you read that correctly, our guests have the option to use one of our fancy restaurant blankets to stay cosy on those extra cold nights. If you still want the outdoor dining experience minus to coughs and sniffles that could follow, our outdoor heaters are incredibly effective, not to mention stylish – how could a heater be stylish you ask? Come and see for yourself!
- Our hearty menu & wine list… We are pretty proud of our talented kitchen team and our menu is the perfect display of their talents. Plenty of hearty dishes to satisfy you on the chilliest of nights! Plus, chat to our bar staff about choosing the perfect red to match your meal, and the weather.
- Our inviting (and warm) Reception area… We are all about those first impressions and our Reception area has a real knack for maintaining its inviting nature whilst changing with the seasons – think bright and airy in Summer, and cosy and comfortable in the Winter.
- Our 5pm Sunday checkout… When the mornings are chilly, nothing quite beats a sleep in and our Sunday late checkout option allows just that. Slow and easy Sundays are our speciality at Potters!
So, don’t let the cool change keep you away, we have plenty more Winter positives where those came for…just come and see for yourself!